Monday, December 9, 2013

Multiple Blogs Rolling

Not logs! I said, "blogs."
As long-time readers are aware, I have been hampered by multiple injuries for several years and my blogs have all been dormant (or mostly dormant) for a long time. However, I am happy to report that in the past month or so, I have been healthy enough to get multiple blogs rolling simultaneously. In particular ...
is rolling again, archiving news stories of interest. The newest post there is a transcript an interview from Voice Of Russia with
He might not be right about everything that he says -- who is? -- but a lot of what he says is interesting ... to me, anyway.

The archiving of news stories has been much more labor-intensive at
where I collect articles relevant to the death of Gareth Williams. At TSWKTM there are more than 100 new posts, most pertaining to Scotland Yard's announcement last month that the police now view his death as a probable accident. Some of the news articles mirrored here have been taken down from the websites on which they were originally published. Why? Hmm! Interesting...

I have also set up a new site called
which hosts a collection of tweets sent by five reporters during the eight days of the inquest in late April and early May of 2012. There's more detail here than anywhere else on the net, as far as I know. Not for everyone, surely, but vital stuff nonetheless. I am still working on the cross-reference, so it will be more useful to me as I work on
which explores the Gareth Williams case and the stories printed about it (under the guise of fiction). SHATASM has four new installments, starting with
And finally, at my music blog
there are six new posts:
  • Burn by Bruce Cockburn; 
  • brilliant renditions of Pachelbel's Canon in D from Buddy Emmons (on pedal steel guitar) and The Piano Guys (on four cellos);
  • You Can't Hurry Love, a big hit for the Supremes in 1966, which has been covered once or twice since;
  • Roxy Music's She Sells, featuring keyboardist/violinist/composer Eddie Jobson;
  • Big Day, by Roxy guitarist Phil Manzanera, with ex-Roxy studio wizard Brian Eno; and
  • Audrey Assad's Winter Snow, a gorgeous, slow, jazzy, song of Christmas.
These are the first new postings at Cold Tunes in five years, and I must say, it's fun to be able to do this again. While I've been working on Cold Tunes, I have noticed that some of the old videos are no longer available, and I have been putting up replacements if I could find them. So a couple of posts which have been broken for a long time are now functional again. In particular, if you haven't heard
this would be a good time to do so.  And whether you've already seen it or not,
is once again worth a visit.

I am working on research for a new post or two for "my main blog" as well, and I hope this will conclude my leave of absence.

To comment on this post, please click here and join the Winter Patriot community.