Thursday, September 28, 2006

Kurt Nimmo, Ralph Schoenman, and The Underlying Politics of 9/11

I don't have quite enough time to write another long essay tonight, but I do have a few very good links for you.

They come from Kurt Nimmo, who has directed and edited a pair of 10-minute videos incorporating excerpts from a speech by Ralph Schoenman. The videos reveal a considerable body of evidence tying intelligence services from more than one country to the events of 9/11. I've seen each of them twice (so far) and I would watch them again tonight if I had time. But I don't.

Ahh, the pain!

Here you go:

The Underlying Politics of 9/11 (Part One)

The Underlying Politics of 9/11 (Part Two)

If you'd like more of Ralph Schoenman, you can watch this video, or you can sample the archives from his radio show, "Taking Aim".

And if you'd like more of Kurt Nimmo, check out his excellent blog, "Another Day In The Empire".


I haven't posted a song lyric in quite a while -- more than a year, in fact. I used to do it fairly often...

Here's a really good one -- one that I used to play (and even tried to sing) a couple of decades ago, in what now seems like a whole 'nother lifetime.

It's by Peter Gabriel.

Modern Love

Hey, I'm feeling so dirty, you're looking so clean
And all you can give is a spin in your washing machine
I fly off to Rome to my prima bella
She leaves me in the rain with telescopic umbrella
Ahh the pain
Modern love can be a strain

I trusted my Venus was untouched in her shell
But the pearls -- the pearls in her oyster -- were as tacky as hell
For Lady Godiva I came incognito
But her driver had stolen her red hot magneto
Ahh the pain
Modern love can be a strain

I don't know why they leave me in the lurch
To carry on the search
It's driving me up the wall
Pity when I have so much passion
Romance is out of fashion
Can't handle modern love at all

So I worship Diana by the light of the moon
When I pull out my pipe she screams out of tune
In Paris my heart sinks when I see the Mona Lisa
She gives me the wink, then she shows me the freezer
Ahh the pain
Modern love can be a strain