Sunday, June 5, 2005

Just A Drop In The Bucket



The Big Brass Alliance is a newly-formed, informal association of lefty bloggers -- with "informal" being the operative word, at least so far. More than three hundred blogs have joined the Alliance and that doesn't count those who have also un-joined. What difference?

Even if the Alliance doesn't become a powerful and cohesive force in the blogosphere, even if it never amounts to more than a list of blogs to investigate, it still looks like a good thing to me. I'll visit a few new blogs every once in a while, and I'll let you know what I think.

I've never been much of a "joiner" and was reluctant to join anything without knowing much about it, but as long as I am allowed to disagree with them and they are allowed to disagree with each other, I don't see any problem with a blog-alliance. Why not? I've been thinking "we need to be working together" for a long time now...

But of course it's difficult for all the lefties to pull in the same direction because basically we're a bunch of idiots who have no idea how the real world works, and some of us are even [as one righty blogger called me] "obsessive compulsive conspiring dipsh--s".

Nevertheless, today I visited three Alliance blogs which I had never seen before, and I was astonished! In light of the left's obvious lack of intelligence, knowledge, wit or good taste, it is utterly amazing that the all three of them look good-to-excellent. Here, have a free sample:

At Bravo 411: Operation Information Freedom I read this:
Instead of serving jail time for their crimes, many have been given the option of attending "worship services." Unlike doing community service, this is essentially saying, either serve jail time or join the religious community.
Interesting, no? Great catch. There's more, and you can see the whole post here.

Noblesse Oblog has a French accent. I guess that makes it a "Freedom Blog". The article quoted and linked in this post is a few years old but still horrifying.
A court and execution chamber could be built at the US detention camp in Cuba under plans being drawn up by military officials.

Military tribunals for some of the hundreds of men detained at the US base on Guantanamo Bay moved a step closer last month with the appointment of a chief prosecutor and chief defence counsel.

Pentagon rules for the tribunals permit death sentences to be passed and the construction of a death chamber at the camp is among options being considered.
I remember when it was "news" although I wasn't blogging at the time. It was horrifying then, too.

Swerve Left has a great post here which includes the following gem:
And this interesting tidbit from Daily Kos:

This morning on C-Span's "Washington Journal" a guy called in with this:

"I listen to WJ every morning. Yesterday I heard two guests refer to the 'Downing Street Memo,' but it wasn't explained. Can you tell me what they were talking about?"

Reply from C-Span host: "I have no information on the Downing Street Memo. Perhaps you could find something if you check the internet. Next caller."
Cool! C-SPAN Refers Questions To The Big Brassy Bloggers!!

By the way, that's a perfect score: the first three Big Brassy Blogs I have visited are all very good. But it's only three out of three hundred. Just a drop in the bucket. Wow!

Thanks to the people at the heart of the Big Brass Alliance. This is gonna be gooood!

As Detective Columbo used to say: "Oh yeah, just one more thing:" Please help John Conyers.