Friday, February 25, 2005

He's Afraid of Questions

President Bush's team has cancelled the "Town Hall Meeting" which was supposed to be the centerpiece of his visit to Germany, presumably because the Germans have refused to run it as a scripted farce. Der Spiegel has an article about it here. [Thanks to Raw Story for the link.]

Some bloggers may make a big deal of the cancellation. But not me. I understand it very well. I wouldn't want to answer unscripted questions either, if I were pretending to bring freedom and democracy to the world, while doing exactly the opposite.

On the other hand, I would not be adverse to answering scripted questions, especially if they came from bald-headed gay male whores wanting to know how I am going to deal with "people who have divorced themselves from reality."

"Don't you get it yet?" I would say. "The people who have divorced themselves from reality are the only ones I ever deal with."