Thursday, November 16, 2006

Tough Guys On Trial

A TERROR suspect cried himself to sleep at a military training camp and said that he missed his mum, a court heard.
...
The court heard last week how [Shujah Ud-Dir-Mahmood] - who was 16 at the time - said the experience had been one of the worst in his life.
...
He said: "I got quite depressed when I was there. I used to spend a lot of time on my own, sitting in a ditch.

"I used to start crying when everyone else went to sleep. I missed my mum a lot."
I'm telling you, these guys are DANGEROUS!!
Mahmood, 19, is one of four Crawley men accused of being in a gang of seven British muslims which allegedly plotted to build a deadly fertiliser bomb.
I've been quoting from icSurreyOnline's Court told how terror suspect 'missed his mum', which, as far as I can tell, is the only British media account of the most recent events in this trial.

As alert readers may recall, earlier stages of the trial were heavily covered by the British media, but the coverage began to subside after Mahmood's brother, Omar Khyam, described close connections between the Pakistani intelligence service ISI and alleged terrorist group al-Q'aeda, then refused to continue testifying, saying that ISI agents had visited his relatives in Pakistan and threatened them.

As our friends in the British media say:
The trial continues.